Innova Risk Management can assist with minimizing risks by implementing its proprietary loss control program, which creates a substantial recommendation based on identified exposure. Innova looks for verification of exposure, protection and a well-maintained property. Innova performs a physical inspection of the premises in order to help identify and correct any hazards that can cause claims, confirm exposure information to ensure the correct premium is being charged, and most importantly, to secure the well-being of all occupants in the building.
The following highlights the conditions that Innova looks for during an inspection:
- Well maintained properties without housekeeping issues
- Smoke detectors installed and in working order.
- Life Safety requirements which includes emergency lighting, illuminated exit signs, sprinkler systems and fire alarms.
- Roofs in satisfactory condition.
- Plumbing systems in satisfactory condition.
- HVAC systems in satisfactory condition.
- Electrical / Wiring all in satisfactory condition.
- No trip and fall hazards in interior and exterior stairwells, sidewalks, parking lots or grounds.
- Retrofits on all Aluminum Wiring Connections.
- Clean and regularly maintained laundry Room Lint Build-up (including lint build-up).
- Safety procedures for steam room, sauna, and hot tub operations and equipment.
- Safety procedures for Pool operations and equipment.
- Safe storage of flammable liquids & rags
- Hazard free commercial cooking including fire suppression and safety planning.
- Certificates of Insurance and contractual language in place and collected and reviewed as respects: Tenants, Service Vendors, Subcontractors, et al.
- Outdoor lighting.
- Proper storage and safety planning for exercise equipment and free weights.
- Unobstructed and working sprinkler/fire alarm systems with certificates of annual tests performed (where applicable).