Property Risk Management
Innova Risk Management always assists its clients in identifying potential risks and taking the necessary steps to mitigate or eliminate them altogether. Fire and water leaks are the most common causes of property damage. The following is a preliminary list of precautions and measures that should be taken to avoid these causes as much as possible:
Fire Damage Prevention
- Conduct monthly inspections of all fire extinguishers to ensure they are operational.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets, away from flammable materials and furniture, and never leave them burning unattended.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in an accessible location in key areas of the home/unit.
- Keep the batteries in smoke alarms fully charged and never disconnect the smoke alarm unit.
- Keep matches, lighters and other fire devices away from children.
- Keep close watch when cooking on a stovetop and never leave the immediate area when the burners are on.
- Always plug an electric space heater directly into the wall socket and not an extension cord (which is not designed for a high electrical load).
Water Damage Prevention
- Identify and notify everyone of the location of the main water shutoff valve.
- Educate all building residents on how to immediately shut off water supply lines when any water leak has been detected.
- Review monthly status reports to identify if a larger problem is forming in order to implement a proactive plan on how to address.